In video poker, you have to place your bet and click on the Deal button. But first you need to find one safe and good online casino site where you can play this popular casino game.
You will be offered a hand five cards. Take a look at the cards and decide which ones you want to keep. To do this, click on the button below the card or simply click the card itself. Once you decide which cards you want, the rest can be discarded. The next step is to ask for a replacement for the discarded cards by clicking the Deal/draw button a second time. You get your final hand. Depending on the strength of this hand, predetermined payout rules will decide on your winnings.
You need at least twenty dollars in the poker machine to begin playing, although you can bet as little as twenty five cents per round. The maximum bet can be $5 per round. However, each casino has different rules and there are a few variations of the game that are offered. Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, Aces and Faces, etc. are some variations even though the basic methods of playing them are the same. Here is how the game works:
- First, put down your bet by placing the money in the machine.
- Click the deal /draw button.
- Your hand of cards will be displayed. Choose those cards which you feel will offer you the best hand and reject the rest.
- Click the draw button a second time.
- At this point, you get your final hand. If you fail to get the winning hand, you lose your bet.
- At the end of the game, you collect your winnings from the machine.
With video poker, it is possible to double your earnings by playing a secondary game. Here, you are asked if you wish to double the earnings and if you agree you will be offered a card, face up. To win this type of bet, you have to get a card that is higher in value than the face-up card. Say, your face up card is a King; you will need to get an Ace at the next spin to win. If the card is a five, then any card of a value higher than 5 would earn you double.
Some of the winning hands in video poker are explained below:
- Getting a pair of Jacks or higher value cards ensures a win.
- In some variations of poker, to win, you require a pair of kings.
- Suppose you have two pairs, like two 4’s and 2 kings, or another variant of pairs, you win.
- Three of a kind will also give you a win. Here all three cards will have the same face.
- Another winning combination is four of a kind – four cards with the same face.
- Five of a kind is when you have four cards with the same face with fifth as a wild card.
You have a Straight when you get five sequentially numbered cards, though not of the same suit. To give an example, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. While determining a straight, the ace can be valued as a high or a low. A high ace would be the Ace, King, Queen, Jack and Ten, whereas a low ace would read 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1.
A flush is defined as all five cards of the same suit. For instance 4, 5, 6, Jack and Queen of diamonds would be termed a flush.
If all cards of the same suit appear in a sequence, it is deemed to be a straight flush. For example, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 of clubs.
A Jack, Queen, King and an Ace of one suit, like diamonds, hearts, clubs or spades is termed as a Royal Flush.
The Wild Royal Flush happens when one card in the royal flush is not of the actual royal flush sequence. For example, the joker would take the place of the ten of spades if it was the missing in the otherwise royal flush of spades that you would have had.